Ethicon merisilk is manufactured from raw silk, of which the filaments are tightly braided or twisted, so a highly compact wire is made (controlled electronically). This silk suture wire has exceptional node properties.
- Braided For easy handling and secure knot tying.
- Coated With wax to give hand to the suture.
- Does not become limp or brittle.
- Natural Produced from cocoons of the silk worm Bombyx Mori.
- Non-Absorbable Provides prolonged tensile strength retention in tissue for up to 3 months.