Clean the condenser
- Vacuum the outside fins to remove debris that blocks the air flow.
Remove the fan and clean the inside fins with a disinfectant cleaner like Dettol® Disinfection Multi-Use Hygiene Liquid.
Clean the indoor unit
- With central air systems, a clean air conditioner works best when it also has a new furnace filter. Prevent pollutants and allergens from entering your home with a new filter regularly.
- Vacuum the blower compartment.
- Clean a clogged condensation drain with a stiff wire or bleach solution.
For window units
Knowing how to clean an air conditioner that sits in the window saves as much money as cleaning your own central air system.
- Apply Dettol® Disinfectant Multi-Use Hygiene Liquid to the coils on the back of the unit and scrub with a stiff brush.
- Wash the air filter with a disinfecting cleaner like Dettol® Disinfectant Multi-Use Hygiene Liquid.
A disinfected, clean air conditioner will allow for a fresher smell, safer environment, and will help your family remain healthy all year.